Flyout with UPL-AOPA Luxembourg 9.11.2019 – 23.11.2019
Flight training in St Petersburg / Tampa bay with sightseeing in the sunshine state and beach holiday for pilots and for non-pilots!
How to get there:
Direct Flight with Lufthansa from Frankfurt to Tampa in 9 hours (about 550€) also with Lufthansa from Luxembourg – FRA- TPA for about 650€.
40 minutes with rental car ( Hertz about 300-400 € for 2 weeks) from Tampa Airport to Treasure Island to the premium beach apartments.
“Lands End” ( https://www.resortrentals.us/rental/lands-end/ )
Calm and safe location with guarded entrance, direct beach access private parking, complete kitchen, washing machine, 2 bathrooms 2 bedrooms ,Wifi for 100 qm², 4-6 beds; from 600$-1000$ /apartment. Just perfect!
Relax on Day 1 at the beach of St Pete, watch dolphins, water birds with a perfect place for the sunset with a sun-downer.
We are guests of St Pete Air ( https://stpeteair.org/aircraftrental/ ) with a well-kept fleet with 10 airplanes ( Cessna, Piper and Diamond) at Albert Whitted (KSPG) located down town at St Petersburg 20 minutes from our beach apartments.
4 Planes have been reserved for UPL-AOPA Luxembourg and can be chartered with fair club rates according to hobbs counter :
- 2 x C 172 and 1 x Piper Archer for 123$
- 1x Piper Arrow for 157$
So fly 10 hrs and you have earned your trip, fly another 10 hrs and you have payed your apartment!
Day 2 Albert Whitted Airport / St Pete Club: Monday 11.11.2019:
A US / German flight instructor from St Pete will introduce us to flying at Albert Whitted: Airspace in the US and Tampa bay, Aviation maps, Flight planning, Weather, communication with ATC , Towered and untowered Airports, general aviation in the US, possible stand alone US licenses – how to do a safe Flight in the US as PIC!
Check flights: biannual check flight (BCR) for those with US Validation, for the others: Chance to complete the Validation papers with the FAA Inspector / FSDO in Tampa and then possible check out flights with local flight instructors.
Completion of check flights with Flight instructors of St Pete, US Validation and beginning of our Flight safari Florida
- Flying Tampa Bay: training with circuits and touch and go
with no landing fees.
Routing : St Pete Clearwater ( KPIE) Brooksville (KBKV) , Lakeland, ( KLAL – with Sportys Shop to complete your equipment) Bartow (KBOW), , Tampa
Exec (KVDF) or Transit Tampa Airport via Transit route
- Flying to the next beach South venice with beach club, KVNC with east round: Arcadia, Sebring ( race track and burgers) , Wachula
- Flying to following locations day trips: St Augustine (KSGJ, oldest town of the US), Cedar Keys (KCDK,island with old town) Crystal River (KCGC –
swimming and Canoeing with Manatees) Naples (KAPF, town and beach) , Everglades City (XO1, boat safari toe the everglades), Florida Keys Marathon (KMTH), Key West (KEYW), Cape Canaveral (go around space shuttle landing strip) and land at Space coast airfield(KTIX), Ocala (KOCF) Gainesville (KGNV) or fly further to Bahamas and Panhandle Pensacola
- Sightseeing at St Petersburg: Dining out, Dali Museum, Market on Saturdays, sun-downer with live music and, grilling at the beach. Be a Florida tourist and go to Orlando, a shopping mall, or just relax at the beach
What to do at home to prepare to fly in the US as PIC!
- Give your mail address and sign up to come along – contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flight prices with Lufthansa direct to Tampa are low at present. Consider booking your ticket now – as the trip will be done. 4 participants have signed up until now. Non flying partners are welcome
- Come to the 1st information evening at Aerosport / Findel on April 4th 2019 at 19:00: first get-together,
introduction to flying at St. Pete with PowerPoint demonstration, aviation maps, paper work to be done, FAA, tips for own individual preparation, practical
traveling trips: flying with Lufthansa, ESTA, booking apartments at the beach, car rental.
- 2nd information evening at Findel / AviaSport on April 10th 2019 at 19:00 and final sign up date : 28.6.2019 at 19.00
What must you do to fly as PIC in the US:
- Apply for US license validation based on the EASA license online at the FAA. This is valid with a valid medical and a biannual flight review with a local Instructor from St Pete. Application time for FAA validation may take up to 3 months
- Every participant and pilot is responsible for his flights and for his own permits, General Aviation in the US is liberal and requires a responsible pilot
- UPL-AOPA Luxembourg is not a travel agent and this is a non profit private trip
- Plans are to repeat this trip every 2 years. Stay tuned!
By Rajiv Aurora – email@example.com