For many years, French aviator Béatrice de Reynal is organizing with her team an annual Fly-In at the airfield of Saint YAN (located west of Macon – some 220 NM from Luxembourg). This event is an absolute General Aviation highlight thanks to the complete Program the organizers manage to put together every year.
For this 19th edition, the Pilot’s and Plane Owners of Luxembourg (AOPA Luxembourg) are inviting the whole Luxembourg aviation community (Féderation Aéronautique Luxembourgeoise ; Aéro-Sport; Aviasport, Avialux, Fun Travel, Heli Luxembourg, Luxembourg Flight Academy ; Young Pilots Luxembourg , Aéroplume) to join them going to this event as the Luxembourg pilots are invited as honorary guests for this year’s edition.
The tentative program for the 2020 edition looks as follows:
Tuesday September 22 :
- 6.30 pm : Flight Briefing per videoconference for all registered participants from Luxembourg
Friday September 25:
- Afternoon: Reception of the Airmen crews, training flights
- First airman crews of Luxembourg flying in.
- 7 pm : Apéritif and Pilot’s dinner (20€ – wine included)
- Aviators Flea Market (Troc Pit): Aero flea market and exchange: bring your old things: plane parts or instruments, objects, documents, toys … only related to aeronautics. (Label your objects with name, phone and desired price). Entrust tour items to the Fly-In volunteers. Free access flea market.
Saturday September 26:
- Second batch of Luxembourg crews flying in In the morning hours, all flight crews are expected to land (there are 2 concrete runways and 1 grass runway) in between 10.30am and 11.30am at latest
- Vintage cars exposition
- From 2pm till 6pm: International Air show. We have for this year’s edition : “T28, T6, Trojan, Cri-Cri, Broussards on patrol, solo aerobatics in Cap of various engines, and in PITTS, ZEPHYR, DC3, HUNTER, MOYNET JUPITER, ULM, GLIDER, MORANE 733, Patrol Aerobatic in YAK ….”
- 7 p.m : Aperitif and Pilot’s dinner at the main hangar (30€ – wine included)
- Presentation honorary guests from Luxembourg
- Award “Most Deserving Aircraft Trophies”
- 11pm : taxi or shuttle bus to the Luxembourg delegation hotel
Sunday September 27:
- After breakfast taxi or shuttle bus to the airfield
- Treat yourself or your partner to a flight in a jet plane, in a historic or collection plane
- Lunch (Food Truck) at the airfield
- Early afternoon: departure for Luxembourg of all flight crews
If you like to participate , you are invited to do three things:
- – Let AOPA Luxembourg know you plan to attend by simply clicking the General Admission button on this site (Free access – no costs – we just collect your name, email address and a phone number).
- – Let Béatrice de Reynal and her Saint YAN Fly IN team know you are coming by entering your plane details here: Registration of your team at FLY-IN (also at zero cost )
- Book your hotel room. The Saint Yan organisation team arranged that all Luxembourg pilots will be staying at the Hotel Saint Benoit at Gueugnon at some 25 km from the Saint Yan airfield. We have 3 types of rooms available at attractive rates, which you can book by sending an email (preferred in French) to Madame Rachel Perny of the hotel Saint Benoit at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please mentioning AOPA Luxembourg in the subject of your email
- Indicate the type of room you like to reserve as single or double, together with your expected date of arrival and departure
- Indicate whether you order a breakfast
The 3 types of hotel rooms which are available:
– Type “Privilige” (with bath or shower, separate toilet, wifi, TV) : 64€/night for a single room and 74€/night for a double room
– Type “Comfort” (with bath or shower,toilet, wifi, TV) : 54€/night for a single room and 64€/night for a double room
– Type: “Initiale” ( en suite bathroom, wifi, shower on the landing): 44€/night for a single room and 54€/night for a double room
– Breakfast is at 8€ per person
Please note there are only a limited number of rooms in each category available, so don’t postpone your room reservation , but please confirm it asap. That makes it easy for yourself.
The organization of Saint YAN Fly-In intends to publish latest updates on their event here , save this link and check it prior to your departure.
We’re looking forward to have an enjoyable weekend at Saint YAN.
AOPA Luxembourg information on Saint YAN
Saint-Yan is a village of Saône-et-Loire, in the Bourgogne-Franche-Comté region, 75 km west of Macon and bordering Paray-le-Monial, in the north-east, famous tourist town with a rich historical heritage and religious, labeled City of Art and History.The 26 km² communal area borders the Loire River to the west on the borders of the department of Allier and belongs to the natural and historical region of Charolais, famous for its cattle farms and its hilly landscape dotted with small patches of pastures surrounded by hedges or dry stone walls.If agriculture is still present at Saint-Yan, the village of about 1200 inhabitants has gained international notoriety thanks to its aeronautical platform which developed from the 1950s, became one of the bases of the National School of civil aviation. Historically, the Air Force created a relief airfield in 1938, which was transformed into a large air base during the Second World War by the German occupation. Destroyed during their retirement by the Nazis, the airfield was rebuilt after the Liberation and had a new vocation from 1948.Economic lung of the locality, the platform occupies 272 hectares.
But the village has also preserved a historical heritage and an environment that, along with aviation-related recreation, fully justify a milestone.