People often ask, what does IAOPA Europe stand for? What’s in it for us? Well, here are the issues that IAOPA EU sees as her tasks:
- To facilitate the movement of general aviation aircraft internationally, for peaceful purposes, in order to develop friendship and understanding among the peoples of the world and to increase the utility of the general aviation airplanes as a means of personal and business transportation;
- To coordinate with other international and national organizations to promote better understanding of general aviation’s requirements and further the interests of the membership;
- To integrate the views and requirements of member organizations with regard to international standards, recommended practices, procedures, facilities, and services for international general aviation, providing forums appropriate for meetings of representatives of the member groups;
- To advance the interests of general aviation internationally and to represent the membership on matters of interest to general aviation at pertinent meetings of the International Civil Aviation Organization, WMO, ITU, EEC, etc.;
- To encourage the implementation of planned systems, facilities, services and procedures in order to promote flight safety, efficiency and utility in the use of general aviation aircraft;
- To encourage representatives of national general aviation member groups to meet with, and work with, their national authorities in the interest of promoting better understanding, enlightened regulation, and adequate facilities for general aviation;
- To encourage the collection, and dissemination by ICAO, of information, data and statistics related to general aviation from ICAO Contracting States to provide a meaningful base for the development of technical programs.